Bitter Melon and Beef Stir-fry Recipe
This is a very nutritious recipe as bitter melon contains various kinds of vitamins and cellulose, along with the juicy beef, bitter melon and beef stir-fry recipe can really satisfy your stomach.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Pot, wok, bowl, serving plate.
7 oz. / 200g beef
1 bitter melon, seeded
3 slices ginger root
1 red pepper, chopped fine
2 tbsps. vegetable oil for stir-frying
1 tsp. oyster sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. white sugar
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1. Cut bitter melon according to the picture.
2. Melt a pinch of salt in water, then soak the bitter melon slices in it for a while, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water on to boil, blanch the bitter melon slices briefly, about 40 seconds, then drain and put into a bowl of cold water to stop cooking, drain well in a colander again and set aside for later use.
4. In a bowl, whisk the beef and Seasoning A together, you'd better drizzle some oil over it for a better taste.
5. Preheat a wok over high heat for 1 minute before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, when hot, stir fry the beef over moderate heat, breaking up the lumps, until white.
6. Add back bitter melon slices, ginger slices, chopped red pepper and Seasoning B, stirring and tossing to mix everything together, about 2 minutes, or until cooked.
7. Remove to a plate and serve hot.
1. Step 2 helps to ease the bitter taste of bitter melon.
2. Do not cover while cooking bitter melon, as bitter melon turns yellow easily through this way.
Servings per recipe: 2
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 20.5 g|
|Total fat: 10.2 g|
|Carbohydrate: 1.5 g|
|Calories: 179.5 kcal|