Chinese Homemade Noodles
Is there anything homier than a bowl of Chinese homemade noodles?
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 20 minutes
Basin, pot, wok, rolling pole, colander, bowl.
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. chopped scallion
1/2 squash, cut into bite sized pieces, about 1-2-inches length
10 oz. / 300 g all-purpose flour, or white whole wheat
3.5 oz. / 100 g pork or beef, cut into thin strips, about 1-inch length
1 tsp. light soy sauce, low sodium
1 tsp. sweet fermented flour paste
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt, or to taste,
1 tsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry.
1. In a bowl, gently combine ground pork strips with chopped scallion, 1 tsp. sweet fermented flour paste, and seasoning A, mix well and set aside.
2. Add flour in a big basin, drizzle 1/2 cup water in occasionally, use your hands to make dough, knead the dough for 3-5 minutes. Then cover with a wet cloth and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
3. Roll out the dough with a rolling pole to a large flat bread.
4. Fold the flat bread and cut according to the picture.
5. Put a large pot of water on to a boil, toss the noodles into it, cook over medium heat until barely tender, which will take about 3-5 minutes. Then drain well in a colander and dump into a bowl.
6. Preheat a wok over high heat for 1 minute before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, heat until hot, then stir fry the pork strips over medium high heat until white, but do not brown. Then add the squash, 1/2 cup water, and 1 tsp. light soy sauce back into the wok, continue to cook over medium heat until the squash turns out tender, taste and correct for salt as desired when nears done.
7. Spoon over the noodles evenly and serve hot.
1. At step 3, try not to pour the water into the flour at one time, you can drizzle as needed.
2. At step 3, leave the dough to rise for 1-2 hour can make it more pliable and tough.
3. At step 4, you'd better toss pinch of flour on the flat bread occasionally while rolling out in order to prevent it from sticking.
Servings per recipe: 1
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 41.2 g|
|Total fat: 30.8 g|
|Carbohydrate: 142.1 g|
|Calories: 1018 kcal|