Soy Sauce Spareribs Recipe
This hearty and tasty Chinese soy sauce spareribs recipe features juicy spareribs and tangy rape, and this delicious Chinese recipe is simple to master as well.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Wok, mixing bowl, bowl, serving plate.
14 oz./ 400 g spareribs, cut into 1-2 inches sections
4 stalks rape plant, rinse well
2 tbsps. Sa cha sauce
2 tbsps. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. chicken essence
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1-2 tbsps. ginger powder
2 tbsps. Chinese cooking wine, or dry sherry
1 tbsp. cornstarch, mixed with 4 tbsps. water in a bowl.
2 tbsps. vegetable oil, for stir-frying
1. Combine spareribs with 2 tbsps. light soy sauce in a big mixing bowl, let them marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat a wok over high heat for 1 minute before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, when the oil is hot, saute smashed garlic, and ginger powder until aromatic, about 20-30 seconds, then add spareribs, stir fry over medium high heat for 1 minute, or until brown.
3. Add 2 tbsp. Sa cha sauce into the wok, keep stirring, then add enough warm water to cover the spareribs, add 2 tbsps. Chinese cooking wine, put on the lid and turn heat to high, cook until the sauce thickens, which will take about 30 minutes.
4. Blanch the rape plant in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain well and arrange neatly on a serving plate.
5. When the spareribs are done, remove to the plate.
6. Swirl the cornstarch and water mixture into the wok, stirring to thicken, then drizzle on the spareribs and rape plant, serve hot.
Servings per recipe: 2
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 33.8 g|
|Total fat: 58.4 g|
|Carbohydrate: 2.2 g|
|Calories: 670 kcal|