Sticky Rice Meatballs Recipe
This simple recipe features a tender texture of the sticky rice, and since it doesn't use deep-frying, much lower in fat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Pot, bowl, serving plate.
1 tbsp. cornstarch
9 oz./ 250 g sticky rice
18 oz./ 500 g ground pork
2 tbsps. chopped scallion
1 raw egg, beaten, whisked lightly
1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger root
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
1. Soak the sticky rice in water for 2-3 hours ahead of time, drain well and set aside for later use.
2. In a big bowl, combine ground pork with Seasoning A and egg cream, add 1 tbsp. chopped scallion, 1 tbsp. grated ginger and 1 tbsp. cornstarch. Stir clockwise until it becomes like a paste.
3. Form the mixture into tiny balls of 1-2-inches diameter.
4. Then coat the balls evenly with the sticky rice, place on a plate.
5. Put a large pot of water on to boil, put on the basket, then the plate, cover and steam over high heat until cooked, which will take about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the plate from the pot, when cool enough to handle, serve.
Servings per recipe: 2
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 36.5 g|
|Total fat: 49.85 g|
|Carbohydrate: 41.15 g|
|Calories: 760 kcal|