Salty Chicken Wings Recipe
After the long time of simmering, these lovely chicken wings are ready to serve your stomach, see how the magic works!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 80 minutes
Wok, pot, colander, spoon, serving plate.
8 chicken wings
1 stalk scallion, cut into sections
4 star anise
4 slices ginger
1 cup hot water
2 tbsps. sugar
1 tbsp. rock sugar
1 tbsp. Chinese cooking wine, or dry sherry
1 tbsp. five-spice powder
1 tbsp. lighr soy sauce
1 tbsp. salt, or to taste
2-5 tbsps. vegetable oil, for stir-frying
1. Bring a large pot of water on to a bowl, blanch the chicken wings over medium high heat, use a colander or spoon to remove the froth.
2. Preheat a wok over high heat for 1 minute before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, heat until hot, then add 2 tbsps. sugar, heat while stirring, until bubbles, and turns to brown golden, and then add 1 cup hot water, mix well.
3. Add 2-3 cups cold water into the wok, add rock sugar, scallion, star anise, ginger slices, five-spice powder, Chinese cooking wine, light soy sauce, and salt, bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Add chicken wings back into the wok, put on the lid and cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat, let it simmer with the lid on for another 1 hour before serving.
5. When finished, serve on a plate.
Servings per recipe: 2
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 46.6 g|
|Total fat: 2.4 g|
|Carbohydrate: 2 g|
|Calories: 208 kcal|