Winter Melon and Chicken Soup Recipe
This delicious chicken soup is perfect, you might not think to put chicken and winter melon together, but the combination is very nice.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Wok, serving bowls
400 g / 14 oz. winter melon
200 g / 7 oz. chicken breast
3 egg white
5 cups chicken stock
1/3 cup bacon cubes
2 slices ginger
1 tbsp. chopped scallion
2 tbsps. vegetable oil, for stir-frying
1 tbsp. Chinese cooking wine, or dry sherry
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1. Peel the winter melon well, scoop out the seeds, and then cut into slices.
2. Cut the chicken breast into small cubes, then chop into small pieces, put them into a bowl, add pinch of salt, and 1 egg white, stir well, and another egg white, stir again and then add the last egg white, mix well the egg white and chicken breast into paste.
3. Heat a wok over medium high heat for about 1 minutes before adding 2 tbsps. vegetable oil, heat the oil until hot, then saute scallion and ginger until aromatic, about 20 seconds, do not brown.
4. Add winter melon slices, drizzle 1 tbsp. Chinese cooking wine, add 5 cups chicken stock, cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes until the winter melon slices are transparent, then taste and season with salt.
5. Drizzle the chicken paste into the wok, stirring occasionally, then add bacon, mix well.
6. Remove to bowls, serve hot.
Servings per recipe: 2
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 31.5 g|
|Total fat: 7 g|
|Carbohydrate: 4 g|
|Calories: 206 kcal|