How to Make Fried Wonton
This fried wonton features a crispy crust and meaty wonton, of course, you can serve this fried wonton with your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Wok, rolling pole, bowl.
11-18 oz. / 300-500 g flour
9 oz. / 255 g ground pork
1-2 tbsp. chopped scallion
1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
5 tbsps. vegetable oil for pan-frying
1-2 tsps. salt, or to taste
1-2 tsp. ground black pepper
1tbsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 tsps. sugar
1/2 tbsp. chili oil
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. chopped scallion,
1 tbsp. minced garlic cloves
1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1. In a bowl, combine the ground chicken breast, chopped scallion and ginger with seasoning A, mix well and set aside, serve for the filling for Step 5.
2. Add flour in a big basin, drizzle 1/2 cup of water in occasionally, use both of your hands to make dough, knead it for 3-5 minutes. Cover it with a wet cloth, leave for 1-2 hours tp rise.
3. Use a rolling pole to roll out the dough to a large flat bread.
4. Toss Pinch of flour on the flat bread to prevent it from sticking, then fold it in half and cut into 8-10cm. / 3-inches width strips, then cut each strip into squares or trapezoids according to the picture.
5. Spread the wrapper square or trapezoid across your palm of one hand, then use a spoon to place a small clump filling in the center.
6. Fold the wrapper according to the picture, then fold again.
7. Nip the two thick edges together with your forefinger and thumb.
8. Arrange on a clean and flat place for later use, toss pinch of flour to prevent it from sticking.
9. In a wok, heat 5 tbsps. vegetable oil until shimmering on the surface and very hot but not yet smoking, then put some wontons into it, deep fry over medium heat until golden browm, when cooked, drain them well and place onto a plate.
10. Whisk well seasoning B in a bowl, then spoon over the fried wonton lightly. You can also use it as a dipping sauce instead.
1. At Step 4, you'd better toss pinch of flour on the flat bread to prevent sticking.
Servings per recipe: 2
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 78.25 g|
|Total fat: 75.4 g|
|Carbohydrate: 212.75 g|
|Calories: 1854.5 kcal|