Crispy Lotus Root Pork Pie Recipe
This is one of the famous pie recipe in Chinse food. One taste of this juicy and crispy lotus root pork pie, and you'll know why it's such a favorite.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Wok, colander, 2 bowls, kitchen paper, serving plate.
2 tbsps. flour
2 lotus root, rinsed, peeled
1/2-1 cup chopped leeks
1 egg, beaten, whisked lightly
7 oz./ 200 g ground pork
1 tbsp. chopped scallion
1 tbsp. chicken essence
1 tbsp. minced ginger root
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
5 tbsps. vegetable oil for deep-frying
1. Slice the lotus root widthways into 1/2-inch slices.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork, chopped leeks, chopped scallion, and minced ginger root well, sprinkle 1 tbsp. chicken essence and 1 tsp. salt over them evenly, stir clockwise until sticky, set aside for the fillings.
3. Like making hamburger, place a portion of the fillings between two lotus root slices with a spoon, lay them on a plate.
4. With a fork, stir in the whisked egg, 2 tbsps. water and 2 tbsps. flour in a bowl, just until the flour is incorporated, and the batter should be thick.
5. Place each lotus root pork slices into the batter, coat lightly.
6. Heat 5 tbsps. vegetable oil in a wok over high heat until it is shimmering on the bottom and hot, but not yet smoking, deep fry lotus root pork slices over medium heat until golden-brown and cooked through.
7. When cooked, drain well in a colander and dry on kitchen papers, serve immediately.
Servings per recipe: 3
Amount per serving:
|Protein: 43.16 g|
|Total fat: 64.5 g|
|Carbohydrate: 9.8 g|
|Calories: 793 kcal|